AI Poised to Change The Pregnancy Industry

  • One in eight couples in America struggles with infertility.
  • IVF currently has a success rate of about 50%. 
  • IVF is expensive, costing thousands of dollars.
  • AI could help fertility doctors. 

( – Infertility is a disease that impacts women around the world. It’s defined as the inability to get pregnant after a year of trying. Generally, that’s when women begin treatments to help them conceive, though those measures can begin sooner.

In vitro fertilization (IVF) is one of the most common methods used by women who want to have a baby but have struggled to get pregnant. Artificial intelligence (AI) could help couples who want to have a baby if one company is successful.

Improving the Odds

AIVF is a fertility company based out of Tel Aviv, Israel. They are developing AI-powered IVF solutions for patients, clinics, and labs that they believe will help increase the odds of success for those who choose to go on the journey.

IVF occurs when a doctor retrieves eggs from a woman and sperm from a man. The eggs are then fertilized with the sperm in a laboratory. Once an embryo is created, the doctor implants them into a woman’s uterus. If it works, she will get pregnant and, hopefully, carry a fetus successfully to term.

The Israeli company uses AI software to grade the embryos by processing data about them that allows embryologists to see more than a human eye can detect. The software allegedly simplifies the process of choosing which embryos to choose. Daniella Gilboa, the CEO of AVIF, told Fox News Digital the software can detect abnormalities. Each embryo is given a numeric score and then implanted.

Embryologists have to decide which embryos to implant on their own. Gilboa explained that they might have a dozen of them that “all look the same,” and then they have to make the decision about which ones to put in by just looking at them “under the microscope.”

Growing Demand

There’s a growing demand for the procedure as more women freeze their eggs to allow themselves to “delay childbirth and focus on their careers,” but that means “supply is limited.”

In America, Gilboa said that “only 20% of the need is served,” leaving about 80% of women to give up their dream of starting a family.

The hope is that the software will help clinicians serve more people with better results. Dr. Shahin Ghadir, a California fertility specialist, said the software could be “helpful and useful.”

Currently, the technology is being used in South America, Europe, and Southeast Asia.

Copyright 2023,