Congress has quite a bit lined up on the docket as they look forward to a much-anticipated winter break.
- A government funding bill must be agreed on before December 20.
- The National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) must be reauthorized. Major points of contention include funding for the border wall and for the Space Force.
- The impeachment inquiry process is also on the schedule with the next phase taking place this week.
- The Violence Against Women Act is also up for reauthorization, but not before Republicans and Democrats settle their differences. One topic of disagreement includes the “boyfriend loophole” for gun purchases. Another debate is over whether or not to ban partners convicted of abuse or who are under a restraining order from gun purchases.
- House Speaker Pelosi may not pass the US-Mexico-Canada Trade Agreement before 2020 rolls around.
- The inspector general for the Justice Department will soon release his report regarding relations with Russia and the Trump campaign in 2016.
Needless to say, that’s a lot to deal with before government funding runs out.
Copyright 2019, NewsReady.com