(NewsReady) – The Senate is currently working on a third bill to help Americans amid the COVID-19 outbreak. Some details are changing, but many of the core proposals haven’t gone anywhere. The nearly $2 trillion proposal reportedly contains the following:
- Up to $2,400 in cash for married couples and an additional $500 per child
- $4.5 billion for the CDC
- $350 billion bailout for small businesses
- $240 billion in health care relief
- $20 billion health care aid for veterans
- $20 billion for public transportation relief
- $75 billion to hospitals
- $10 billion for airports
- $500 billion going towards federal relief funds for industries suffering from the virus, to be overseen by an inspector general
- Additional unemployment insurance providing full pay to laid-off workers for up to 4 months
While these proposals are working their way through Congress, there are concerns that the Left is attempting to use this bill as leverage for their agenda.
‘Stop the Politics’: @KimStrassel says progressives are trying to impose their ideological agenda in the stimulus bill during a time when everyone needs to be responsible and focus on the coronavirus crisis. #AmericaFirst #KAG2020 #Dobbs pic.twitter.com/FX7S7PbyWj
— Lou Dobbs (@LouDobbs) March 24, 2020
Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said he had a “very productive meeting” with Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) and a handful of others. They spoke to hash out the details of the stimulus bill. Congress is working quickly to pass this bill, though it’s unclear exactly when they’ll finalize it.
~Daily News for Busy People!
Copyright 2020, NewsReady.com