(NewsReady.com) – Three boys under the age of eight died in Ohio in June in a tragic story that shook the state. Their mother was also shot and injured. Their father is now set to go to trial for their murders.
On September 22, Common Pleas Court Judge Richard P. Ferenc set Chad Christopher Doerman’s trial date for July 8, 2024, to August 2, 2024. The 32-year-old is accused of killing his three sons — 7-year-old Clayton, 4-year-old Hunter, and 3-year-old Chase — just before Father’s Day.
Assistant Prosecutor David Gast previously told the Clermont County judge that investigators believe Doerman lined the boys up in his yard and executed them with a rifle. He reportedly ripped the youngest from the child’s mother’s arms before killing him. He’s also accused of shooting the kids’ mother. She called 911 to say her boys had been shot. A few minutes later, someone else called and said they noticed a girl running down the street, saying that “her father was killing everyone.”
Emergency responders attempted to save the little boys but their injuries were too severe. All three of them died at the scene.
The Police bodycam footage shows the accused killer sitting on the steps of his house with the rifle next to him when police arrived. He spoke calmly to the officers as they put him in cuffs, telling them he wasn’t going to do anything to the police.
In the bodycam footage, the boys’ mother is heard screaming in the background that the kids were dead, asking police what she was going to do and telling them the children were “so little.” She shouted at Doerman, “You took my life from me!”
A Clermont County Sheriff’s deputy alleges Doerman confessed to the murders, saying he told the officer that he planned on killing the victims for months.
Doerman is in jail awaiting trial. His bail was set at $20 million. It’s a death penalty case and it appears the prosecutors are going to seek capital punishment.
Copyright 2023, NewsReady.com