Mnuchin Defends Trump Executive Actions

Mnuchin Defends Trump Executive Actions

(NewsReady.com) – On August 8, President Donald Trump signed four executive orders to help American people get through the COVID-19 crisis. Democrats immediately started claiming the directives were unconstitutional. In response, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin is defending the president’s decision.

During an August 10 interview with CNBC, Mnuchin said the president “needed to take action” after Congress’ negotiations broke down. The secretary said he spoke to Trump on August 7 and told him lawmakers were getting “nowhere” that’s “why he moved forward.”

President Trump is crediting his newly-signed orders for energizing Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) into action.

Mnuchin said he hopes Congress and the White House can reach an agreement this week. However, he’s also indicated Democrats need to be willing to compromise, something they haven’t wanted to do so far.

~Daily News for Busy People!

Copyright 2020, NewsReady.com