Police Search Home Connected To 1996 Tupac Shakur Shooting

(NewsReady.com) – Music fans often describe Tupac Shakur as the greatest rapper of all time. His songs still resonate with people decades after he made them. Sadly, his life was cut short in 1996 when he was just 25. He’s now been dead longer than he was alive, and the police still have not caught his killer(s). However, there was recently a surprising development in the case.

The Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department has confirmed a search warrant was executed in Henderson, Nevada, on July 17, in relation to the unsolved murder of Shakur. The department didn’t provide any details other than to say the investigation into the rapper’s death is ongoing.

According to reports, the Las Vegas Metro PD SWAT team was on hand as the search warrant was carried out. Authorities were reportedly looking for articles about the rapper’s death, laptops, and computers. A grand jury was convened in the case, and evidence is being presented to it.

Shakur’s murder took place almost 27 years ago. The rapper was in Las Vegas with the head of Death Row Records, Suge Knight, to watch the Mike Tyson match at the MGM Grand on September 7, 1996. The rapper and his entourage got into a fight with people who were reportedly in a rival gang.

After the fight, the rapper changed his clothes, then he and Knight left to go to a charitable event. They were sitting at a red light when a Cadillac pulled up alongside them and fired more than a dozen rounds. Shakur was hit four times. The rapper was taken to the University Medical Center of Southern Nevada, where he remained in a medically-induced coma for six days. On September 13, he died from his injuries.

Theories about who killed the rapper have swirled in the years since. The most famous was the claim that his death resulted from a war between rappers from the East and West Coasts, specifically between Shakur and Notorious B.I.G., who was gunned down in 1997. His murder is also unsolved.

Copyright 2023, NewsReady.com