(NewsReady.com) – In late May, Twitter added fact-check alerts to two of President Donald Trump’s tweets and even censored one of them. The president responded by issuing an executive order aimed at curbing social media companies’ immunity under US law. Apparently, one company didn’t get the message and decided to attack the commander-in-chief anyway.
On June 3, Snapchat Inc. said it won’t promote President Trump’s account on its Discover page anymore. A spokesperson for the company told The Hill it doesn’t want to “amplify voices who incite racial violence,” very clearly calling the president both racist and violent.
Snapchat said it would no longer promote Trump's account in its Discover section, saying the president's inflammatory comments over the Minneapolis protest – made on another platform last week – made his account ineligible for the curated section https://t.co/2awVyrbRx3 pic.twitter.com/4PJuiqurHa
— Reuters (@Reuters) June 4, 2020
Brad Parscale, Trump’s campaign manager, slammed Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel and said he’s suppressing votes by refusing to boost the president’s snaps.
Radical @Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel would rather promote extreme left riot videos & encourage users to destroy America than share positive words of unity, justice, and law & order from our President.
They do not want conservatives on their platform.https://t.co/sT99xfj5SY
— Brad Parscale (@parscale) June 3, 2020
What country are we living in where this is okay? No company should have the authority to take the president’s voice from him. And yet, here we are in 2020 and the commander-in-chief is being treated like this by a private company.
~Daily News for Busy People!
Copyright 2020, NewsReady.com