The House is expected to approve a $1.4 trillion government spending bill. It will then be approved by the Senate and signed into law by President Trump. According to Kellyanne Conway, Counselor to the President, Trump is “very happy” with the current news surrounding the funding bill.
If passed, the bill will fund the government through September 30, 2020. Among several issues, this funding bill covers:
- An additional $22 billion towards defense spending
- $1.5 billion in grants to combat the opioid crisis
- $1.357 billion for Trump’s border wall
- $425 million in grants to ensure election security
- $25 million for gun violence research
- A pay rate increase of 3.1% to military members and federal civilian employees
In addition, the bill will include measures raising the legal age to purchase tobacco in the US to 21 years old. Unlike last year, a full-fledged government shutdown seems highly unlikely to occur. The bill should be signed into law by the end of the week.
Copyright 2019, NewsReady.com